• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for other waterfowlers in Wright County

Morning all,

Here's a little background: I've been hunting waterfowl for a few years now and have recently relocated to the Montrose area (south of Buffalo and West of Delano). I try to be as responsible as possible while hunting, yet still try to have some fun. I don't know many people in the area and don't have any real "spots" picked out yet. I'm looking for someone (or a group) to go waterfowling with. I'm a pretty decent caller, nothing fancy but good at the basics. If you know of or have land I'd be willing to work for permission to hunt. I'm planning on hitting early goose pretty hard and then a weekend or two in Oct for regular season. I'm up for land or water hunting. I've got two dogs that are trained for waterfowl, my own boat and motor (hopefully will be running by early goose opener), 2 dozen goose dekes (I think I can borrow about a dozen more), and a blind on the boat.

Let me know if anyone is up for it!

Hey jwhawkridge

I'm moving back to the cities from Brainerd. I grew up around Monticello don't have any private land to go on but have a lot of decent public land spots around Monticello and Morris I hunt. Myself I'm looking to move around the Rockford,Delano, maybe Montrose area. I have a dog a running boat with blind, too many decoys and wouldn't mind going out a couple times. Drop me a line maybe sometime [email protected]

Later

I went to High School in Buffalo and hunted the Montrose area a bit. I know my buddies had some pretty good Canada hunts around there. Right outside of town there is a giant WMA that we hunted a few times. Its hard as heck to get out to water because there are about 200 yards of cattails to drag your gear through, but it does hold ducks. The only problem is that there are just enough crazy guys to haul their gear that far to keep the birds under fairly steady pressure. Other than that, it's just a matter of putting some miles down and seeing what the land has to offer. I know it's really been built up since I hunted there not even 6 years ago, but there ought to be spots around. My advice is this: the further you get out of the cities, the better the hunting will be.