• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Parents moving to alaska!

I'm here in the land of the midnight sun at this very moment helping my parents move in!! After retiring, my dad wanted to leave Houston TX to come back here (we spent 2 years here some 14 years ago or so)

They've got a place in Anchorage now, on the hillside with a great view of the inlet and mountains across the way. We spent the past week taking a family vacation at a lodge near coopers landing, and had a bunch of great fishing. Had some decent fishing for reds in the streams, and with 3 of us fishing sea fishing out of seward we pulled in 58 lbs of coho filet (not fish, but FILET! I was happy to say the least) in a single day.

They got all their boxes delivered yesterday, so today the unpacking will begin. I'll be back in Minnesota on the 31st, but it will be great to come visit my parents here! Nothing I love more than salmon fishing!

I just wish I could stay through august for the coho run in the streams smile I may luck out and find a place or two where they are running during my last week before I gotta leave.