• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jonathan Papelbon NY Controversy in All-Star Game

Big Lunker

I personally am a Twins fan and really don’t care for either Boston or the Yankee’s but when it comes to the American league against the National League I’m all for the AL regardless of the team they are from. Even if I hate a player I wouldn’t boo them in this situation. The funny thing is that Papelbon actually performed better then Rivera did in their first innings played not to say Papelbon is better then Rivera of course.

From what I understand he praised Rivera for most of the 50 minute interview but on this one repeated questioned answered as he did that he would pick himself to close. Is that really a big deal and would Rivera answer it in the same manner, Yes and I think not. What is really bad and is sooo typical of the NY fans is their poor sportsmanship attitude. We shouldn't have All-Star Games in NY when they booo one of their own AL team players especially when we are down by 2, what a bunch of jerk-baits I hope they stay close to or better yet at the bottom of the East. Way to go getting rid of Joe T. NY bums!

Original Daily News NY article that got the fans going;

Jonathan Papelbon says he should close All-Star Game instead of Mo

Aftermath article by Dom Amore

Papelbon fuming

I too will cheer for the AL all the way, but lets say the game is played in Minneapolis and Papelbon says this about Nathan.

The fans in Minnesota BOO him as well. You have to stick up for your players even if Paps comments were taken out of context.

i read an article where papelbon said the NY fans were threatening his pregnant wife during the red carpet parade. if that is true, then NY is truly the home of losers. nice tough guy accents too.