• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

6500c abu garcia reel ?

hi i just bought a abu 6500 c reel at a sale it is kind of a purple coler it is older will this work good for a bait casting reel for pike i oiled and greased it it sounds good when i cast i can hear the spool some but i think others do some noise thanks for youre input

On the old Abus if the casting brake button/dail is too loose it will let the spool flop around and make noise when you cast. Best way to set it is have the lure of choice hanging from the end of the rod and tighen up the casting brake a little. Press the casting button and the lure should just hang there and no line goes out, then slowly back off the casting brake until gravity pulls the lure down. This should get you pretty close to the proper tension on the casting brake and it should reduce the noise/spool slop.