• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

01 Chev 1500 Tow/Haul

My tow/haul button on my 01 chev 1500 does not seem to work. My old truck had a light that would come on on the dash. It doesn't on this truck. I couldn't find any fuses for it. Any suggestions on what to try? confused.gif i would like to be able to use it for hauling camper and heavier loads. Thanks in advance!

I've heard that it's somewhat common for the wire in the shift lever for the Tow/Haul to break or be pinched off. I'm sure one of the experts will chime in though.

Im not a GM guy, but if you were having this problem with a Ford, I would tell you to look for broken wires in the shift stalk. On Fords I usually recommend replacing the shifter instead of trying to repair those tiny wires so they wont break again. Either that or the switch itself.

Thanks for the response so far, I will try to find a wire that is broke or damaged. next ?, Any idea where to start tearing apart? Can you take the switch out of the shifter? I know that the wiring under the dash and in the stearing column can be a real mess. Any direction on where to start would be appreciated!