• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mothers day eticate?

I'm looking for a woman's perspective but chime in too men if your in the same boat.

My parents live in Ely and My wife an three boys live in Northfield, six hours south if things go smoothly traveling with kids.

I'm heading up with the boys Friday after school, but my wife is staying and has social engagements with her friends Fri and Sat and will be with her folks Sunday.

With gas prices the way they are, and the drive as long as it is, it makes since to maximize the time spent with my parents who I have seen at their place since fall- I live next to hers.

I also has socked away many "chits" lately helping with her play performance, making sets for the arts guild, and such and I want to cash them in for my own selfish reasons.

I really want to fish hard both days.

So here is my question. What is a resonable time have to leave Ely on Sunday taking into acount cleaning up at the folks and helping my Dad with the boat and fish cleaning and making time for mothers day with my mom.

My wife wants the kids home for her mothers day, but more importantly she wants them to be rested for school.

I would love to dump monday, but she thinks fishing is not a good reason to skip school.

I need feedback from a mothers standpoint?

I need feedback from a spouses perspective-because all thought I want to fish I still feel a strong need to be at home.

Any help from the guys on playing this "chit" hand would be helpful too.

My kids are 10, 8, and six Check out last years pics on pike forumn and you can tell this trip is a big deal.

I liked your northern pics hanso612. Cool memories for you kids.

Here's a link to his pics: Hanso612's northern pics

I am just AWFUL at giving advice on this forum about relationships but I'll take a stab at this since I am a mom and have some opinions on this.

I always think that family traditions are important so I think that you're kids need to spend some time with their mom. I think you should leave Ely no later than noon or 1 so you're kids can have dinner with their mom and be ready for school on Monday. Just my opinion though. Good luck! grin.gif

Thanks Lisa, you always have something warm to say. Many days I wish my posts were more like yours.

I didn't mean for you to play counselor but I bet you would be good, in fact this is one of the conflicts my wife and I have figured out over the years that shows our marriage is strong, but it takes compromise.

Can anybody make an argument for putting kids in PJ's and letting them sleep on the way home and slide them in bed. I came from a weekend warrior family who left early friday and returned as late as possible Sunday and left all but the perishables to be cleaned up after a tired day of work/school Monday. our house wasn't as clean, but we had a ton of adventures. Anybody have any horror stories or real world consequences from this stategy?

Driving tired always makes me think of Herb Brooks

What are others doing who have long drives on Sunday?

Thanks, Hans

It's mothers day. I think Lisa got it right... fish your heart out Saturday and early Sunday morn but the kids need to see their mom on Mothers day as well. Supper with mom is not to much to ask. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo