• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2004 Predator 50-Which oil for pre-mix?

beef

I just picked up for my son a 2004 polaris predator 50... This ATV has not run for over a year and needed a new battery... The oil injection is out of the unit and the owner stated he need to mix the oil/gas... He did not remember what the ratio was.. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT ON THIS ONE?????? What would the ratio be 24-1??

The wheeler started up pretty quickly once the new battery was put in grin.gif

Plus what type of oil should I use...

Any help would be very grateful!!!!!

Thanks,

Beef

This all depends on what brand of oil you use in your pre-mix. Different manufacturers may have different mix requirements.

From what I found in a quick web search is many people in your situation are using a 32:1 ratio with off-the-shelf 2-stroke oil.

The Oilman may have more info with the Amsoil brand. But, according to other info posted in '06, a user was using Amsoil Dominator or Amsoil Interceptor at a ratio of 48:1.

I hope this helps.

True

I will call but I picked up the ATV tonight and was messing with it after everyone closed down.. In the morning I will give them a call... Thanks for the help and advice so far...

If anyone owns a 2004 Predator 50--How do you like it?? Is it worth the money???

Gotta to love this Fishing HSOforum whistle.gifwhistle.gif

Beef

I didn't have a Predator 50, but I did buy my kids a Scrambler 90 a while back.

This machine was an absolute riot to play around on. Even for an adult. It was a good reliable machine for us too.

I realize the 50 is an all-together different wheeler, but either way, having gone with one of the major brands, you'll have far more parts available to you when the need for repairs comes around IMO.

You have one lucky little boy in your house. Hopefully the dealership can get you squared away tomorrow.

I went with 32-1 with the reccomendation of the local Polaris dealer... Runs like a dream and my boy LOVES it... I wish I could of had something like that when I was younger...

Beef