• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I was wondering about shore fishing for northerns on waubay? I was planning a trip out to waubay to shore fish for northerns. Is there places to fish from shore for northerns. Is there public land or private. Any help in the right direction will be appreciated. Thanks for any help.

All those SD guys are probably out fishing and working. Give them more than 3.5 days to respond. Sorry, I don't have any info for you. I would like to know the same thing. I assume this time of year they should be in casting distance from shore, but as far as access, I couldn't tell you. The SDGFP HSOforum may be able to give you some better info as far as access. There are also bait shops in the area that would gladly steer you in the right direction. Good luck and keep us informed. One of these days I am going to fish that lake.

I'm not exactly sure of the location, but a few years back I was heading up to Aberdeen with a buddy of mine and his dad and we stopped to fish on Waubay for a little while. The only thing we had were daredevils, but in about 2 hours we had caught 9-10 very good sized northerns (catch & release). We were fishing end of May just off the highway on shore, so they're definitly in there. Sorry I couldn't be more help with the location, but it's a start. I'm kinda planning on headin up there again myself, so this is a good topic.

May want to try rush lake for northerns. It's located just to the west of the town of Waubay along highway 12. I know they get northerns out of there.

This might be what BirdWhisperer is talking about.

The only road to fish from on Waubay is road out of Greinville. It has limited parking spots.

I know the road out of grenville has produced in the past but if u keep on that road thier is a pay access on ur right that a buddy a mine walks up and down the shore and usually gets a few pike