• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Atlantis Cameras

coldasice

Hi all, I hope this hasn't been discussed already, but with all the posts, it may have. Anyway, I am strongly considering an underwater camera purchase and have been told the Atlantis brand cameras are supposed to so awesome. Has anyone seen or used one before...pros and cons vs other brands. They say the entry level model is blowing out at Cabelas. Thanks for your replys!

I bought mine 2 or 3 years ago. It works awesome on certain lakes. As far as picture it is as good as the aqua view if not better. The concern I have with them is durability. I have taken good care of it, don't beat on it or anything. It comes in a very protected water tight case with lots of padding. But, I have had to fix it every year. This year, the dealer said we needed a new monitor. $150. Last year I can't remember the problem but it was about $50. I don't know if I got a lemon or if they are just made cheaply.

Hmmmm, I am glad I sent this post, not very good repoerts so far. Again, not to beat a dead horse, but what in your opinion is the "best for the money"..Aquaview?? It would be nice to keep it under $400.00. Thanks again!

I just bought an atlantis drop cam and have used it a couple times. It uses the exact same camera as the aqua vu ice pro and costs 80 bucks less. I have only used it twice and so far I love it.

Hey If you want a really good camera really cheap, go check out Cabela's Bargain Cave! You can get some really good deals on some really nice stuff.

At the Cabelas in Mitchell, SD me and my dad were driving by and we just stopped their to look in the bargain cave and we found a Aqua-Vu MC2X w/120' cable for $289! That was Cheap! That very same camera retails for $449.99 and we also got the soft case, weights, battery, charger, and the fin with it!
The camera works great I love it. It works great for night viewing and even during the day. I just have one tip, thats keep it out of the prop on the boat tongue.gif . Even tho that cable is really really tuff it still might put a nick on it (I know from experience grin.gif ) .

Overall that was a sweet camera for a great price. I am very pleased with it.

------------------
Fish ON!

A buddy of mine bought one a few years back.

They are nice, but his is not very durable either. He has had to take the camera apart 3 different times to "dry" it out. It keeps leaking.

Now, the thing is so wrapped up in tape and silicone sealant, that it looks rediculous.

He won't buy another one and after what I seen of his problems, I wouldn't buy one either........

Also, the "night" vision sucks.........

Aqua View is the best I've worked with yet.