• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Posting mechanical questions

If you have a question about a certain vehicle, please help us by including in your post these details.

Year/Make/Model/Engine size/Milage

By doing this we can be more specific with trying to help you. Also after it was repaired, if you could please post back and let us know what was the fix!

4.W.E., this a great thread. Yes, this info does help big time.

I would throw mileage in the mix also.

Any additional info you can think of will help also.

Just ask!

If and when you do finally get your issue resolved please post what you had to do to fixed it. Its always nice to know if the advice we gave was on track or way off base. It also helps in the future when others have a similar issue.

We had a "squeal" coming from the front end of our 05 Freestar van. After determining it wasn't a brake issue, I talked to a couple of Techs around here. They suggested the hubs. Bearings are fine, but I guess the seals (which are not replaceable-sealed hub)tend to dry out and squeal.(Another one of Fords better ideas). I removed the hub, poured a little oil in and wa-la, no squeal. A few drops of oil and an hour or so. My way worked for now. Replacing them would have cost me 300 bones per hub.

Originally Posted By: airjer
If and when you do finally get your issue resolved please post what you had to do to fixed it. Its always nice to know if the advice we gave was on track or way off base. It also helps in the future when others have a similar issue.

Ya man, plus we love to know if we where right or wrong grin.gif.

Boatfixer,

Good tip and I hope it works out for ya.

Boy I hope so. Not sure whats worse, the squeal, the 600 bucks or Mrs. boatfixer complaining about the squeal day after day. This oughta shut her up for awhile anyway.

Originally Posted By: boatfixer
Boy I hope so. Not sure whats worse, the squeal, the 600 bucks or Mrs. boatfixer complaining about the squeal day after day. This oughta shut her up for awhile anyway.

LOL, she must not go on here to check up what you say! I know mine does once in awhile eek.gif