• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody know any tricks to installing boat carpet?

Here is what I tried I wrapped about 2" under plywood stapled the schmidt out of it with a hammer tacker and then pulled the other side as tight as I could get it and stapled it and I still have wrinkles and looks like doodoo. Just seeing if anyone has made some sort of a jimmy rigged stretcher or maybe some pointers and also how much smaller you cut your hatches so everything is nice and snug when finished.

glue is a must, also if it was new plywood it would help to router the edges to a curve as your can strech carpet better around that edge. careful, as one can strech to far to where your glue doesn't hold.

Precut carpet to size. then remove.

Apply glue liberally with trowel...then lay your precut carpet...work it down with a roller of some sorts (i used a 3 inch paint roller as shown in my second pic)

I didnt have the need to pull it tight considering I rolled it thoroughly starting on one side working to the other while laying it.

3a.jpg

4.jpg