• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone else got a puppy on the way?

Ralph Wiggum

We've been researching dogs for a couple of years now, bought a house last summer, are getting married in 5 weeks, and are getting set for our first puppy shortly there after!

We're going for a visit next weekend, and if that goes well, he'll be ours in June! Just thought I'd share a photo our breeder sent us last weekend. He's a Great Dane. We're so excited \:\) I know he's not a hunting dog, but I thought this would be the best place to share.

Is anyone else getting ready for a new pup this summer?

018.jpg

Yes!..trying to not think about it though, way to excited. I don't get him until late August. I have a deposit down for a male chesapeake from cold creek chessies..breeding between bur oaks unique trapper and cold creek's storm.

Congrats on your new pup! A lot of work, but a lot of FUN!

I am on about the same schedule as you. I get married Saturday and get my (I mean our) new Lab in two weeks. Allow me to offer some advice - don't tell the little lady that you are more excited about the pup than the wedding eek.gif

Originally Posted By: jeff042479
I am on about the same schedule as you. I get married Saturday and get my (I mean our) new Lab in two weeks. Allow me to offer some advice - don't tell the little lady that you are more excited about the pup than the wedding eek.gif

Actually, I think she might be more excited about the pup than the wedding. She's been wanting a Dane for as long as I've known her, and I've held her off till now!

I've got first pick, a female chocolate, and there was 6 females. Pickup should be in two weeks. The wife is thrilled. Sorry WE'VE got first pick and I picked our male so I only get advisor status on this one.

Visited mine last Monday and took 12 minute video of them. They are pretty cute at 5 weeks. We pick her up 1 week from today. I think I have watched the video about 20 times. Still don't know which one I would pick if I had to pick tomorrow. I think a lot changes between 5 and 7 weeks. I will be interesting to see them again.

Originally Posted By: jeff042479
We pick her up 1 week from today.

Your going to be a busy man soon......we will have to get together once you get the little bugger!!!

Originally Posted By: Ralph Wiggum

Good idea! I will have to remember to do that. grin.gif It'll help us make it through the next 6 weeks.

12 minutes isn't going to be enough to get you through 6 weeks \:\) Hopefully the breeder will send you updates.

Originally Posted By: glenn57
hey ralph wiggum, does your future bride know you kiss fish. hehehe. just giving ya a little premarriage grief.

LOL, sure does. She thought that picture was hilarious \:\)

thats good, a woman with a sense of humor. good luck on your new pup, congrats on your upcoming wedding and hope she didnt drive to cold spring to get her wedding dress.

Originally Posted By: glenn57
...and hope she didnt drive to cold spring to get her wedding dress.

She looked there, but got it somewhere else. My mom bought her dress for the wedding from Lori's, though! Sounds like she will be getting it from the tailor, but what a mess!

Originally Posted By: 311Hemi
Just heard the female for our new pup is spotting as of two days ago. The tie should happen soon!

Hemi, you got a new one coming already? Isn't your yellow pretty young or is it that you like to have them close in age?

Who are the parents and where are they from, if you don't mind me asking?

Originally Posted By: duckbuster
 Originally Posted By: 311Hemi
Just heard the female for our new pup is spotting as of two days ago. The tie should happen soon!

Hemi, you got a new one coming already? Isn't your yellow pretty young or is it that you like to have them close in age?

Who are the parents and where are they from, if you don't mind me asking?

Yep, my yellow is pretty young and turns 3 in a few days. I would have preferred to wait 3 more years or so but my current pup has joint issues (I guess he got unlucky and fell in that small percentage) and shows lameness already. I am going to have to greatly cut back on his field time in the fall and his cold weather duck hunting. He will be my main dog this year but will not be hunt hard going forward.

My next pup will be from Sauk River PL's and will be out of Phoenix and Scarlet.