• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN Vacation

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey DeeDee, I was thinking about your trip situation and here's what I came up with. You've got two vehicles, right?, and you figure to drive the bigger one up here with all your stuff. Well, how about you and Mr. DeeDee and the DeeDee-ettes drive the more economical one up with just your personal gear. When you get to Minn., you could borrow camping stuff from your Minnesota fan club. I could loan you camp kitchen stuff, a canoe,and sleeping bags. I'm sure other people could get you set with tenting and such. Just a wild idea but it might work.

Aww, you guys are so great, thank you! I'm going to have Mr. DeeDee (or Chuck) read this so maybe that will help convince him we need to go. He was already amazed by how nice everyone was on our last trip.

Icehousebob that is an awesome idea!! What we really need to do is start a "Gas Fund" to get DeeDee up here. Or maybe a "Relocating Fund" to MOVE her up here so she doesn't have to deal with gas prices as much anymore!! Although the cost to heat a house in MN can be pretty scary too!

LOL, grin your funny Lisa. I would love to relocate! I would probably have the fireplace going year round for a while. Till I get used to the weather again. My husband thinks your all crazy. He just doesnt know how to deal with nice people. Thanks for the offers to help but I dont think its nessary to have a fund raiser. I'll get up there some how. We were/are planning to use my Dad's car (chevy malibu) @ 27 mpg vs my truck (chevy Silverado loaded down with stuff and pulling a boat)that we used last year @ under 12 mpg. That should save us almost a grand. I think it cost us about 1400 in gas. sick With the Malibu I think it will be around 500+-.

I'm not sure the trunk is pretty big. When I did the relay for life, I had my tent, camping chairs, computer, printer, coffee pot in there. It would probably fit everything except the coleman stove, dishes and things like that. But then again, my daughter wont be joining us this year. Her and her boyfriend loved it up there but didnt like the drive at all and my boys are short enough that I could put things under their feet. I'm going to have to pack up the car and see what'll fit arent I? confused But if I do that its staying there. blush

You got, Thanks again. I may have to invest in an electric blanket and a long extension cord. If its like last year, with 44 degree nights....

Well that was a little cold grin

Or sleep in my Arctic Armor (not a half bad idea!! laugh )!

The way this year is going that really isn't a bad idea after all.I considered taking the AA out today( at least the bibs anyway), if I could have gotten out in the boat.

I don't think you'll find the flannel pj's again until the fall either DeeDee. We're supposed to be wearing our summer pj's by now!! crazylaugh

I'll be fishing next weekend on Winnie rockman and I will probably NEED my Arctic Armor then too. Hope I'm wrong...but I doubt it! Brrrr! eek

I know you guys think I'm crazy for being envious of your cold weather but this past week it has been mid 90's and with the humidity it fells like 100+ sick. AND its not even summer time yet! cry As soon as you walk out side it just takes your breath away, and forget about doing ANYTHING with your hair. I keep mine long and in a pony tail!

OMG! TELL HER NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! ! ! ! If any one has any type of breathing problems STAY HOME! Ya know how there are storm warnings on tv the ever so anoying BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

they have that here telling prople with breathing trouble or over a certain age to stay indoors.