• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sensor cleaning info needed.

I know this has been discussed before,but what kits by name brand does everyone recommend? I heard about the adhesive stamp type awhile back,but nothing lately. Just looking for a good name brand kit to clean the low pass filter covering the sensor.

"Swabs" won't help-I mean a real product name [if you can]

Thanks!!

Copperhill (swab). Been using it for two years. Paid $25 for whole kit and haven't even used 1/4 of the supplies keeping three sensors clean for over two years.

Easy, thorough, safe.

All talk of brand names is fine as long as no contact info is posted. Everyone knows how to do an Internet search. grin.gifgrin.gif

Ditto what Steve said, using the Copperhill method with Eclipse Fluid for just over four years with narry a problem. That should get you where you want on the world wide info net. ;\)

I got "Green Clean" last week to do my first sensor cleaning (other than blowing it off). It has 3 wet swabs and 3 dry swabs packaged separately. It worked fine to get the gunk off my sensor that wouldn't blow off. At $23 it's probably not the best deal cost wise, but it worked well and since this is the first time I've had to do this kind of cleaning in almost 2 years (probably should have done it a while ago though) the cost / year isn't bad.