• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

June 13-14 - W'sGTG

Lets get a head count for the First annual FM Womens GTG. The date below seems to be the come date thrown out, we can discuss details later.

So - who's in for the weekend of

June 13 and 14th

1. - reelemin - aka Tami

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: reelemin
Lets get a head count for the First annual FM Womens GTG. The date below seems to be the common date thrown out, we can discuss details later.

So - who's in for the weekend of

June 13 and 14th

1. - reelemin - aka Tami

2. - Iambjm - aka Barb

I've only drove past Mille Lacs so I'm totally up for something new. I think camping and a launch sounds fun. I'm voting for that. If someone doesn't want to camp they can always get a room too and meet up with everyone for the launch and dinner. That'd work out good too.

Cool - welcome ladies. I'll be checking into prices, launches and other details and will post more info in a day or two. In the mean time, if there are any suggestions or questions, let me know.

grin.gif

We wish you could be there with us too DeeDee! Let me know your plans when you get up here and I would love to meet you and your family!

Ok, so the head count is as follows:

Tami

Iambjm (Barb)

Lisa

hope4fish (Hope)

mnfishingal (Denise)

This is going to be so much fun! Do you gals like the launch idea?

Originally Posted By: reelemin
Cool - welcome ladies. I'll be checking into prices, launches and other details and will post more info in a day or two. In the mean time, if there are any suggestions or questions, let me know.

grin.gif

Great! I was just thinking about the details, how about camping? Does everyone want to camp out, do we have to make reservations at the park? Do we head up there on Friday and stay until Sunday? Anyone bringing there own boats besides Tami and I? I can take two in my boat when we aren't launch fishing. Do we want to do a half day on the launch or a full day? Morning, afternoon or evening? I have a small (very small) grill I can bring with. Think it over and we can make a list.

excellent Barb. - Lisa and I are figureing out the details right now.

This is what we are thinking -

* - Camping at Father Hennipen State Park. I'll be there by about 1:00 on Fri. Staying through to Sunday. I'll make reservation soon.

* - I'll have my 2 kayaks.

* - Possibly a fishing launch through Appledorns. Its 30.00 each for a 4 hr launch.

* - everyone will be responsible for there own food, camping and fishing gear. But if anyone needs anything let me know, I may be able to help out.

Anything else you all think of, just let us know. We'll be making final plans within the next week.

I am so glad this is coming together. I would arrive in the evening on Friday since it is next to impossable to get off of work. I love the launch idea, I have never gone out of appledorns. Can we make reservations for camping online? I'll keep checking back.

Hope grin.gif

OK - Here it is Ladies

The 1st Fishing Minnesota Womens Get ToGether (GTG)

* - June 13th and 14th

* - Father Henneipen State Park ( south shore of Mille Lacs )

* - Campming reservation should be made well inadvance ( like now ) we will be in the "Lake View Campground"

* - We'll be camping at Appledoorns - Paul has a spot for us grin.gif

* - You will be responsible for your own camping and fishing gear

* - we will be doing a 4 hr.Fishing Launch through Appledoorns, on Sat.

* - Bring a boat, canoe, kayak etc. if you have one.

Paul at Appledoorns Resort is being very generouse to us. He is providing an area to camp and is asking only 10.00 a person, per night.

Lisa and I will be there midday on Friday to get things ready.

Lets get a head count, for the weekend and for the launch.

..........................Weekend..... Launch

reelemin....( Tami )......... yes ......... yes

Lisa ..........( Lisa )..... ..yes ......... yes

Iamblm.......( Barb )........yes .......... yes

hope4fish...( Hope ).......yes .......... yes

Mnfishinggal..( Denise )....yes........ yes

teresa.......................yes...........yes

- - just put up a regular post and I will add to this list, that way we can keep it all togethere and organized

Launch yes. Bringing my boat too. I have extra rods and lots of tackle if anyone needs. Remember life jackets if you have them. Tami are you bringing both of your yaks?

Sorry...been working...yes I work. \:\) I"M IN!! I'll come up on Friday night....be there by late afternoon. I have a pop up, will I be able to hook to electric? Yes to the launch. I have all my own gear, but I'll need a boat. I may also have room for one in my pop-up and may also bring a friend.....OK?

Alright teresa!! You are perfectly welcome to bring a friend!! I'm trying to talk a sister into going too but I'm not sure that'll work out. I'm not sure about the electricity thing. reelemin (Tami) probably knows more and will chime in here soon. I don't have a boat either but the launch will be fine for me too.

I too want to send out a huge thank you to Tami for doing the organizing. I also tried to talk a friend into going too but forgot she is having knee surgery this month. I am getting really excited to go on this excursion as I have never been on Mille Lacs before. I am thinking of getting a SUV tent, if not I have a huge tent that I use for the craft shows I am going to bring.