• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Solar cell to recharge the boat battery

Tom7227

I don't have a way to get power to the dock and I've wondered what type of solar charger would get the job done. I don't think it's the $20 rig you find in a store. Does anyone have information about this? Carrying those batteries home is getting real old.

I have a panel I bought at Cabelas. Can't remember size but I think 15 watt. Anyhow it's the larger size they have. I also got the solar invertor (I think that's what its called) to prevent overcharging. I hang the panel on the boat lift and it keeps my battery charged up over the summer. It works for me since I am up at the cabin every other weekend and it has plenty of time to charge. I am not too hard on my trolling motor batteries either as I troll with my drift sock and big motor also. If you have a week or two between uses it should work for you.