• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another good concern/show coming to town

Gissert

On May 13, James McMurtry is coming to town, and will be playing at the 400 Bar in Minneapolis.

He is another excellent singer/songwriter from Texas. He is the son of Larry McMurtry who wrote Lonesome Dove, The Last Picture Show, Terms of Endearment, etc.

The last two times I have seen him there, it has been fantastic.

No question James McMurtry would be worth seeing. I wasn't aware he was going to be in MN. So many singer/songwriters coming out of Texas and all are way better than what you hear on mainstream radio. Randy Rogers Band rocked the house on tuesday night in Burnsville! Cross Canadian Ragweed is making a run through WI and MN in June. They will be worth catching. They always put on an excellent show.

James is out supporting a new album, it was just released Tuesday. I am hoping my copy shows up in the mail today.

The last time I saw him, he was in a foul and surly mood, and the show was fantastic.