• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

canoe seat

Lightweight!!

Seriously, the coices for cushions in the boat are limited by the style of seat that you have. SOme canoes have tractor style seats and many of the cushions aren't designed for the round seat with a contoured bottom.

Its really gonna be a matter of personal preference. SOme are padded with foam, others are air inflated. You can add a back to your seat and some of those are padded and others aren't.

If you're going to use it in the BWCA I would consider you find one that can latch to the seat so it can be removed or folded out of the way on portages.

I honestly don't use one so I can't recommend one, but I've tried paddling with my life jacket under my seat and using other peoples seats and I didn't like it all the much. I like a flat seat with ash webbing. Its firm but not too much. I get a feel for the boat but I don't feel like I'm sliding around on a pad. Sometimes just finding a good seat is all it takes.

Coleman makes some, Crazy Creek is another major brand in the portable seats and they can double as camp seats.

I love the crazy-creek style chairs. The back support is great & as PS noted, they can double as camp chairs, which is especially welcome on wed & muddy days.

I have the Sitbacker. It's purely a matter of personal preference, but I didn't feel the Crazy Creek chairs provided enough support. The trade-off is that the Sitbacker, while much stiffer, has a light metal frame & is heavier.