• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help Support Youth Archery

*This post was authorized by Rick*

The NASP (National Archery in the Schools Program) in Minnesota is one of the top three programs in the country (Kentucky is #1, MN and OH are fighting over #2). This year in Minnesota, 85,000 students participated statewide in archery curriculum in their school PE class. 550 participated in the NASP state tournament March 29th, in Becker, MN.

Hilltop Primary School and Grandview Middle School, both from the Westonka School District in Minnetrista, MN, qualified for the national tournament in their respective divisions. Hilltop qualified by winning their third state championship, and Grandview Middle School qualified by beating their qualifying score by over 300 points. These kids aren’t just good, they are really good (Hilltop’s 3rd and 4th graders averaged a 239/300 and Grandview’s 5-7 graders averaged a 254/300).

To help the teams get to Louisville, KY for the national tournament, the Westonka Archery Boosters are hosting an Archery Night and silent auction for the team. This will take place at Grandview Middle School in Mound, MN, Friday April 18th, from 5:30-8:00. People attending will be able to take mini-lessons from the students, try games of archery skill, even have dinner from the grill. The silent auction has some fantastic items:

$100 Taxidermy Gift Certificate

4- Matthews Genesis Bows

Custom Built Fishing Rod

3-4 Hour Guided Fishing on Lake Minnetonka

(2) Framed wildlife prints

1-Spring Domain - Pintail's Watercolor by Ken Carlson

1988 Ducks Unlimited Flyway Collection (Pacific)

2490/5300 - Signed by the Artist

2-Golden Puppies with Mallard Drake by Jim Lamb

1090/3000 - Signed by the Artist

2 Twins Tickets

Lower Club Level - $55 each

Friday, May 9th – Boston Red Sox

Section 129, Row 33

5 Conceal/Carry Permit Training Courses

Professional watercolor painting created from your photograph.

Cabin Fever Sporting Goods is our local shop that has supported us tremendously and is the sponsor for this forum. Please help support the future archers by attending Westonka Archery Night.

Thanks for bearing with the long post and thank you to FishingMinnesota for allowing me to post this. If anyone has questions, please call me at 952-491-8560

Mike Wallace

Hilltop Primary School Archery

This sounds like a great event and a great cause. Cabin Fever has been great for youth archery!!

Could you post an address maybe?

I might come to this. I'm taking my sister on a youth turkey hunt the next day, but it sounds like it might be a good even for friday night.

Keep up the good work.

Sounds great. The young kids at the Hill City elemetary won their class but don't have the money to go to nationals. We are just now establishing a MDHA chapter in Hill City and that will be one of our focuses.

Thanks, guys.

Yes, Cabin fever has been great. They allow our tournament kids to come in over spring break and shoot during the day and let us keep our bows at the shop. They also do all of our arrow refletching for us at an extremely discounted rate.

Powerstroke, the address is:

Grandview Middle School

1881 Commerce Boulevard, Mound 55364

There is no cost to get in, but the archery activities and games will have a minimal cost for our fundraising.

surewood,

Hill city had a great score. They are one of the teams that I worry about when they get a big enough squad to compete in the national division. They already have 6 kids shooting over 200.

Every year more and more elementary schools come in to the program. It is fun to see the self esteem grow eithin these kids at such a young age.

Thanks and we hope to see you there.

Mike Wallace

Hilltop Primary School Archery Team