• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Latest Rod

Well here are some pics of my latest creation.  Nothing fancy, but I needed to get it done in time for the sturgeon excursion.  I didn't decide until last wednesday that I wanted to build one instead of buy one so that is why I kept it simple.This is a box elder wood handle with a sturgeon lasered in it. IMG_0158.jpg Close up of the sturgeon. IMG_0159.jpg

I used the discontinued rainbow mettalic thread for highlights on the the guides and the hook keeper. And I used the holographic SIC guides.

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

Doesn't have to be fancy to be nice!! I gotta ask about the laser design, that is cool! Do you do it yourself, if so what and how? I do a lot of work with wood handles and adding something like that would pretty cool grin.gif

Crazy - looks good. Goinna be sweet to pull a sturgie up on your own stick. Pics please!!!

The halo mattalic is discontinued? Oh no, I am on my last spool

Up, google Dan Fryer [Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.] and you will get more. A really nice guy.

Just that specific color is discontinued. When I heard that, I ordered up a couple of 650 yard spools, just to have for future use. To answer you question about the laser etching, I do not do that myself, the guy that makes the handles does it for me. The machine that does it is amazingly expensive. I forget exact numbers. I just pay $5 for each laser etch, can be anything like a name, picture, etc...

He may, but my guess is that it would cost more than 5 bucks, becuase he makes his money by selling his wood handles. I could be wrong about the price though. I am almost positive that he would do it though.