• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2006 Ford Taurus?

I have a Ford Taurus with 41,000 miles. When it rains the passenger side floor gets soaked. The windsheild is factory and a Ford dealer sprayed water along that side of the car and couldn't find anything. Does anyone have any thoughts/ideas? I don't think it's coming up from beneath because the first time we noticed it, my wife had been at work all day (wasn't driving it) and when she got in the floor was soaked where it was dry earlier that morning.

Any info is appreciated.....my wife's feet are getting wrinkled! \:\(

I would check the fresh air intake area under the cowling (just below the windshield) I have found several different models that the water diverting shields are out of place, often from when cabin filters are changed. I haven't done it on an 06 yet but I would imagine they are similar. If the water diverters are out of place, it allows the water to enter the heater assembly and drain into the car.

Both these dudes are in the right area. The cowling hat/cover is something that is supposed to keep water out of the heater/a/c blower motor fan area, which could leak into the passenger side of the car. This was a large recall from years past and I thought by 2006, they would have had this down pat. But you never know.

Now, do you have the defrost on during the rain? If so, than water can form in the plenum and leak out. This time of year and with the weather conditions we have had, I would highly doubt this could occur this year so far. But, if the evaporative core drain tube is blocked, water will rise in the plenum and leak out on the passenger front side and cause this issue.

The plastic diverter that sits above the cabin filter but below the cowl should have a plastic tab that folds down on the far passenger side of the cabin filter. I have replaced several of those!

One way to tell if its the cowl or a plugged drain is to use a garden hose to spray water by the passenger wiper area. If the water drips out of the blower motor (under the passenger side of the dash its the cowl. There is no way for the water leaking into the fan area to drain out of the hvac drain. If no water drips out than its more likely that the hvac drain is plugged.