• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"White Elephant" custom rod

At opener fishing camp each year, I build a rod for someone as a gift. We have one guy who, lets say, is a better golfer than fisherman. It is his turn for the rod this year and it will carry a golf theme! The handle is a golf grip.

DSC02355.jpg

Other than imagination, their really are no limitations to rod building!!!

It would be cool to be there to see the first swing \:D

Nice rod...I have yet to try the no foregrip thing. I am not sure about the comfort, I am sure I will give it a whirl someday.

Up, this is the maiden voyage on the no fore grip. It is just too unorthodox for me. I figured I could always do an epoxy ramp if I couldn't learn to like it. Leaning in that direction...

This thing weighs a ton with the golf grip being loaded full of rod bond...

I'll keep you posted! Hey they are calling for another 10 to possible 20 inches of snow later this week? Say it isn't so. The resorters are never goinna get the docks in and cabins opened in time.

T

Cool idea with the golf grip.

I havent done the no foregrip thing but on my last few spinning rods all I did was a short 1/2-3/4 in piece of ruberized cork I tapered with a dremel. Gives it a finished look but leaves plenty of room for putting a finger on the blank

CRF About the filling the grip with rod bond, did you consider foam arbors? Those things are pretty light.

I have slowly been cutting back the length of the foregrips. Last one I made had only about 1 1/4" of foregrip. Part of it for me is the looks, I like a little something up there.