• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

E Collar for a Pointer

Lindy Lee

I have never had a pointer before and was wondering if it is important to have a locate feature on the e collar, or not? I am hoping to use the tone portion of the collar to get her to 1/4, but I have found that you can either have the tone or the locate option but not both. My dog is a French Brittiany so she is pretty small and I do not want to put a big 2 sided collar on her. I look forward to some replies. Thanks Lindy Lee

Lindy for me the locate feature is essential. it is nice just hitting the locate button to find out where my pointer is at. The cover does not have to be that thick to loose track of him. I have the dogtra 2500 T&B it has constant, point only mode and the locator feature all controlled from the transmitter. It does have the seperate speaker on it but I was on the HSOforum and they now have a new one with the speaker on the stimulation unit . i have been extremely happy with the dogtra it is 3 years old and been abused and i have had no issues. Adam

Lindy Lee,

My current dog is my first pointer. Do not make the same mistake I made. Buy the collar with the beeper functionality. I did not and regret it. I have purchased an add-on beeper, but I can not control it from the hand transmitter. In other words, if I lose track of my dog - I can not locate him until he goes on point.

I am fairly certain that my next collar will the the dogtra 2500 T&B with the new design. I like the new design with the beeper built in with the stimulation unit. A friend will be getting one this summer, so I will let him give me feedback on functionality.

Just my opinion but get the dogtra 2000 T&B instead of the new 2500. No matter how you put the collar on the stimulation unit will turn to the bottom of your dogs neck and then the beeper points to the ground. On the 2000 the beeper will be ponting up and you can hear it from father away. On windy days you will be glad you got the 2000 instead of the 2500.