• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Outboard Mechs?

GFNER

Need a new prop seal in my '96 Johnson 115,decided it also might not hurt to replace my original waterpump. Was trying to decide weather or not to do it myself. Does anyone have a "rough" idea on what this would cost me at the shop.Thanks guys!

Labor will be a couple hundred bucks, and it's really not that difficult to do.

If you don't have a manual, and you are unsure of how to do this, I recommend getting one. Seriously, it's not that difficult.

Prop seal and oil for my 87, 70 HP Johnson was around 40 bucks. So, add the price of parts to a couple hundred bucks labor and you could be looking in the area of 350 -450 dollars. The labor cost is a rough guess only.

Seal Kit-$65.00 if you have a dealer do it they will want to do a complete seal job.

Impeller kit-$35.00 -Hint- If you get the seal kit, be sure to ask for the IMPELLER only (assuming the impeller housing is ok). All the gaskets for the pump will come with the seal kit.

Like Boilerguy said, expect a couple hundred bucks labor.

If you are mechanically inclined, pick up a manual and learn how to do your own repairs. It's satisfying doing your own work and you will end up saving a lot of money. Besides, there is lots of help on this site so anytime you have a question someone can usually answer it.