• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how long does it take a lab to have.

kato wall guy

My black lab possibly could be pregnant with a "choc lab last night". But i haerd that there is a certain amount of days almost right on that day that labs will have them i thought it was sixty some. Wondering if anyone knows for sure

63 days is the gestation. Mine usually arrive in 60-62 days. I've only had one litter go to 63 days. If you got a tie and she was flagging and standing for the male... you probably have a pregnant gal!

Good Luck!

Ken

She had two other litters i thought it actually went longer but those were not planned, well neither was this one but i lucked out with it being a pure breed and strong blood lines.was wondering are you a breeder and what do you mean by flagging.

P.S Ever heard of anyone stealing dogs

Flagging is when a female will turn her tail outward to allow a male to breed her. She is generally in the peak of heat and ovulating.

Not to be condescending... but it sounds like a spaying might be an option to look into if she's had 3 unwanted breedings. Hope it all works out well for you. Did you witness the breeding?

I do some limited breedings now. Did a lot more back when I ran trials and tests. Down to a litter every third year or so. I wait for a list of people looking for pups to reach 4 or 5 and I begin to research and schedule a breeding.

Yep, I've heard of ogs being stolen... why do you ask?

Good Luck!

Ken

well after her last litter i had planned to spay her but it was during hunting season and i go out to sd for snow goose so i was putting it off untill we were done hunting. any way the other day i am pretty sure a kid from madison lake picked my dog up my roommate let her and his dog out mine was gone and even when in heat she sticks around very well any way i searched for three hous in this very small town no way i would miss a black lab when it is snowing so when i found her with this kid she was dry did not look like she was running in snow the yesterday she was missing from my house along with one of my guns around 5:00 i was at my girlfriends and got a call this guy came home from work let his dog out at 12:30 and when he came to let him back in he was on my dog. just seems wierd that some one did not get her earlier than 12 30 and call me i think this kid came in stole my dog and gun then let my dog out to go to the bathroom or something later that night and she took off

As Bob Barker used to say, "Have your pets spayed or neutered."

I have volunteered at animal shelters before, and it breaks my heart to see all of those labs there. There are more labs in shelters, and more labs put to sleep every year than any other breed of dog. A bet a lot of them come from fools who think those late season hunts are more important than preventing unwanted puppies. Oh, it makes me mad sometimes how selfish people can be!

I hope you do what you can to find the pups good homes.

always have turn down many people and my dog enjoys the hunt just as much if not more. If i dont hunt neither does she. If she dont hunt neither do I. By the way someone taking my dog I dont really plan on "fool"