• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Transporting Firearms to Alaska

Can anyone who has transported a firearm from the United States to Alaska help me with this question? I know about filling out the necessary paper work to get a firearm into Canada (Form PDF554KB) However, reading on a Canadian web site I saw the following:

Visitors may import non-restricted firearms for legitimate purposes: in transit movement (i.e., moving in the most direct route possible from Point A to Point B) through Canada.

The most direct route would be straight up the Alaskan Highway, but I want to go to Dawson City and into Alaska that way. That is Not the most direct route. Will they, in fact, enforce this?

I don't want to get to the border and find out I can't travel the route that I want to. I am posting this on both the Canada and Alaska form.. Thanks