• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

G Loomis question?

Anyone have any experience with a GL3 or IMX S842 7ft Fast-Lite? Whats your thoughts and feelings? How is she gonna fish a 1/8oz jig and maybe a 1/4? Was hopeing someone had fished both the IMX and GL3 in that model, much difference?

I kinda want the IMX but like the looks of the GL3 mahogany blank.

Thanks. cool.gif

Drawing a blank here. Is that their ultra light blank??

What do you intend on using it for??

I just went out on their site. the S842 is listed under their Panfish rod section, so your use may somewhat be limited depending on how you use it.

When on thier site click on "blanks" then "spinning". You'll see the S842-2 offers in both IMX and GL3 - its a fast astion, lite power for 1/16-5/16oz 4-8 lb. They also have a S841 fast ultra-lite for 1/32-3/16 - not interested in that one.

Im gonna use it for panfish but mostly throwing 1/8 and 1/4oz jigs for eyes, so it sounds like the ticket.

Im thinking a split handle with recoil guides. Some dont like the recoils but I do, they are the lightest option going...

Yep not much diff price wise between the two. Reading, the IMX seems like it might be a tad stiffer so hopefully enough backbone and it weighs a tad less. Sure wish I had a place to fondle blanks before I buy. I can always send it back but thats a pain I try and avoid...