• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cooking Splake/trout

I like to marinate mine before grilling them. Trout are fantastic this way! Works well with Salmon too.

* Coat each side of fish with melted butter (1 -2 tblsp)

* Sprinkle with Seafood grill and Broil seasoning or any other seafood seasoning (except dill based on this one), press firmly into the meat.

* Combine: 1/4 cup sesame oil, 1/8 cup red wine vinegar, juice of 1 fresh lime, 2 tblsp soy sauce

* Marinate the fish for 30-60 minutes... remove and lightly season again with seasoning

Grill or broil 3-4 minutes a side. I like to leave the skin on when grilling. I put the flesh side down to sear for 2 minutes and then flip and allow it to cook skin side down for 4-5 minutes or until done depending on the thickness of the fillet. Do not overcook! Just cook till the flesh begins to seperate.

You will enjoy this recipe if you're a trout/salmon lover!

the other way I do it is the tin foil method we do on our trips to the arctic...

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1247161#Post1247161

Good Luck!

Ken