• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bore Sighting tools

I just use a target at twenty five yards and sight through the bore center to the center of the target in the bore and then without moving the gun look through the scope and then adjust the scope to center the cross hairs on the target. this works with bolt action rifles by removing the bolt and even EBR's if you seperate the upper and lower halves. With break open rifles just need to use sandbags on the edge of a bench. Even a shotgun with a cantelever mount can be bore sighted by taking the barrel off the gun.

I have a Tasco bore sighter that uses the caliber specific bore guides This works OK with guns that i can't see down the barrel but when i can it is usually quicker and just as accurate to bore sight with a target at twenty five yards. I have no experiance with the laser sighters now available.

I boresight in the manner that mechanictim described. I have an old Bushnell boresight that just gathers dust now.

It would be nice, however, to get the kind that chambers in your rifle and projects a laser to check your zero if your guns travel on a long trip.