• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"State Record Fish"

Shack

Originally Posted By: dtro
Where's this beer holder?

Did I miss something?

Yeah I'd say you missed it alright. Maybe dark will be kind enough to email it to you. I got to see it before deletion.

Ya, kinda of started it and it was a nice picture. She was a true MN river female fisherman grin.gif.

I think I was having "too much" fun on Friday night ;\) and Dark30 called me on it. LOL....

Originally Posted By: shackbash
I think I was having "too much" fun on Friday night ;\) and Dark30 called me on it. LOL....

LOL! There is a fine line between "We Have More Fun" and "We Have Too Much Fun!" ;\)

Flatheads are tough. They can tolerate being out of water better than most fish. They are the perfect catch and release species. But sometimes you just have to have one for the wall. I caught a giant right after the Twins won their first World Series. I cut the head off with a saw, gave the back end to the smokehouse, and was going to have the head mounted with a curled up barbles, a twins cap, and a big cigar. I put the still living head in a garbage bag and put the whole thing in the freezer. I got a call an hour later from my mother who said she had to call a neighbor to come get the fish because everytime she opened the freezer she could see the gils still pumping. Cats are tough.

When I get the big one, it's going to the Fair and then to Cabelas and then on my wall. All the other big ones are going back in.Hans

Its your right To keep it I guess..but if you decide to skip the cotton candy be good to the fish. When the water is hot and the oxygen is low...they are NOT tough.

I showed my real Wife my make believe Wife's pic...I got two word's "You Wish" I like good german beer anyway.

Ah, that beer can blended right in though cool.gif. I swear to God I have seen that some where's else though. Friday night my mind was clouded with joy and today I was second guessing it was your wife grin.gif.

As far as giving the fish to Cabela's, that thought had crossed my mind, but the last time I was the Rogers location the fish looked a little sick whistle.gif.

When I am up at night thinking of this stuff tired.gif, if one was able to get a record fish, head to a Mega Wal-mart and find the biggest Rubber Maid bin you could find and head back down--///Ah, it would be easier to snap a picture(s), release the fish, brag on here and get a replica made..

State record is over rated as of now grin.gif. In my book anyways and cat fish is cheap at Cub..

Originally Posted By: hanson
 Originally Posted By: shackbash

LOL! There is a fine line between "We Have More Fun" and "We Have Too Much Fun!" ;\)

Ya, I broke that line again on Friday grin.gif and felt it on Sat. AM...