• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metzeler or Dunlop

Bandit

I have a Shadow Sabre, 2004. I have Metzlers and will never go back to Dunlops. Dunlops are not bad tires, but with the Metzlers you can get almost twice the mileage. Dunlops are very soft..

I've run Avons, Bridgestones, Metzlers, and will soon be running a Conti's on the front. I've had good luck with the Avons recently as they've last about 8000 miles so far and have very good wet grip. I like the profile on the front as they tip in quickly and then become very stable. Try southwest moto tire for free shipping and a good price. You'll have to either install yourself or find some one who won't charge an arm and eat up the discount you received by mail ordering your new shoes.

It's hard to compare just brand to brand because there are several different models within each brand.

That said, I liked the Dunlops that were on my bike but I like the Contis that are on now even better.

Alot also depends on what you are looking for in the tire. All around, bit more sport/grip, bit more life, etc.?

I have always ran Dunlops on my bike. k491's in the front and 591's in the back. I like a little softer rear tire. I have had no issues over the years, so I stick with what works. My dad has been riding for about 40 years and all I remember him putting on while I was growing up was Dunlops. He had close to 200,000 miles on his 78 Goldwing and is close to the 100,000 mile mark on his Venture. In all the years, his Donlops haven't failed him yet.

I think it all boils down to what you have confidence in. Dunlops have had a good reputation in our family, so we keep using them. I have heard great things about metzlers, but haven't owned a set.

CA