• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

youth tournaments

evinrude19

does any one know how i can get into some youth tournaments because i am gonna get my license in a couple of weeks and i was gonna try to do a couple of tournaments i have been saving money and i think i have enough skills to get into one so any help or advice would be helpfully

thanks

zach

Was just going to post the same information as bassrap. There is a youth organization in MN, and they have a state tournament and you can then qualify for nationals as well.. there are even different age levels.

I was a volunteer a few years back... (as a boater) and had 2 young anglers in my boat. It was a blast to watch them work for the day. One of the dudes even won his age group from my boat. Kid could plum out fish!

Hi Zach,

The MFBA (FLW) as bassrap mentioned is one approach. The BFN (BASS) is also another option. You can contact the BFN Youth Director Paul Perovich ([email protected]). He should be able to get you in touch with a BFN youth club in your area.

I would suggest contacting both to see what opportunities you have and then you can see which is the best fit. Both organizations are set up in a manner where you can qualify to move up to the national level, which is a great thing.

Fluker

thanks guys i will make sure i shoot them a e-mail

any other information would be helpfull as well!!!

and another question, for youth tournaments do i have to use my own boat or like deitz said do i use volunteers boats or what ?

thanks zach

Last year was my first year of youth tournies, you can join a club and fish their tournaments and then also fish the BASS and FLW state tournaments also. You use the older members in the clubs boats,