• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Belt Replacement ?

Northland Sportsman

I put a new belt in my 04 polaris 600 sportsman over the weekend. I had to pull the rear clutch to get the remnents of the belt out as it desintegrated. I thought I heard about a belt break-in proceedure. Can anyone help with any special belt break-in information? Or is it just hit the gas and go? Thanks!

I would just drive it a little bit to make sure everything is still aligned correctly. Also make sure belt free play is to spec.

I would also inspect everything on your secondary and make sure there are no scuffs etc. Be sure to get everything out of the intake and exhaust of the snorkels, alot of times debris from the belt can get lodged in there and you dont want it to get sucked back in or you will have another mess.