• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HAY ISLAND

ANY ONE BEEN TO HAY ISLAND CRAPPIE FISHING LATLEY? WE ARE HEADING UP ON THE 13TH. SOUNDS LIKE SNOWMOBIEL IS THE BEST CHOICE FOR TRANSPORTATION VERSES ATV.

Snowmobile is the best choice. I was up two weeks ago and you could get by with a wheeler, but a snowmobile is nice.

I heard the other day that there was a road out to Hay? Where did they come from, I don't think Gordie at Nestor has his road out that far. Anybody know?

Yes there is a road out to Hay Island through Seven Mile Bay. We were there 3 weeks ago. The Indian Tribe has been plowing the road. We came onto it via a landing from which the resorts share in the area on Seven Mile Bay.

Don't even try to attempt what we did by going off the road with a vehicle at Hay Island. Snowmobile is diffently the way to go!

Crappie fishing was HOT!!

Originally Posted By: pj4
heard a rumer of netting at hay island and morison area. has any seen any of that going on, is the road to hay island for netters?

In the winter? How does/would that work?

I think the road has more to do with the amount of snow. Locals have gotten used to driving everywhere out there, but the last few years (especially this one) there has been too much snow to make that an effective form of travel. It was very odd to see trucks moving about around there.

Ok...There's a road,not marked, you take to get to the resort landing off of Hwy 71. This landing is used by at least 6-8 resorts in the area. Its back in the woods about 6-7 miles.

The road that is plowed I believe is plowed by the Tribe in Nestor Falls. I have no idea where it starts. We came off the landing used by the resorts and drove about 200 yards to get on the plowed road. This road was plowed 6-8 miles out to Hay Island thru Seven mile bay. When we got out to Hay Island we made an attempt to go about a 1½ further, big mistake!

I saw a native in a small dump truck w/plow plowing. We were surprise they didn't stop us and ask for $$$.

We also had a guide with us in our caravan of about 4 trucks.