• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Horseshoe chain

Lowblazah

Anybody have any advice of what bait is working better than the other lately? Fatheads pinched in half? Liver? Worms?

How bout time of day? We are going to try and be there EARLY!

CPR of course. Any advice is appreciated.

Last weekend, cut golden shiner was working best for me. We had fatheads along too but didn't really use them that much. Cut sucker and liver should work too.

Me and a few others will be heading out at 5 a.m. tommorrow and will be fishing 'til late afternoon probably. Give me a call if your out there.

Flaco651's shiners where the buzz last weekend. Also a group from Brainerd brought a couple pounds of smelt and used a garlic sauce on cut smelt. They caught a good number.

Early morning, your electronics light up like and Christmas tree, it is just getting them what they want.

I had ok luck on a small Ratzo green glow jig, crappie minnow and a spring bobber.

Good luck.

Crappie minnow-crappie jig- spring bobber works every time.

they don't bite hard they just twitch the spring. just look in the deeper holes 25-30feet. You need to use electronics. just jig 6" to 12" above them till they start to come up then hold it still.

good luck

Quote:
Flaco...sounds like we are actually going to get to fish together then.

Yep...after a few attempts.

We'll be getting everything ready to load up soon here. We got fatheads, wild golden shiners, and maybe a couple other baits to try. whistle.gif

See ya tommorrow.cool.gif

Can't wait to get back out there next week. Any idea how the ice will hold up with the warmer weather coming in. Was thinkin bout going back out to the meth hole but don't have a wheeler so i would have to drive my truck. Any input would be good. Don't have any more of them smelt but still have plenty of the garlic left.

Originally Posted By: maddowg1192000
Can't wait to get back out there next week. Any idea how the ice will hold up with the warmer weather coming in.

I dont think you'll have anything to worry about...bring your extension.