• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice house tarps

mnwild

I have a clam 5600 if I remember correct. The question I have is when you have the heater running and it is getting cold outside the inside of the tarp in the corners of the house starts to freeze up, gets the frost so in turn it gets pretty cold in the house even with the heater. Is there a spray or something you can put on it to prevent it from frosting and freezing??
Any help is appreciated.

Thats moisture coming from your unvented propane heater hitting the cold fabric.
Couple things will help. Get a little ventilation going by opening up a top and bottom vent. A liner would give a dead air space and also allow moist air to escape through the canvas without frosting up. Any waterproofing would trap the moisture in the shack and make the condition worse.

I have to agree highly with S T
I have the bottom open a crack on 1 side of the house and top on the other cross ventilation keeps the air fresh; and you alive. If you smell propane or have moisture build up its time for air exchange or time to step outside. And dont be afraid to open the door now and then.

------------------
This is 100% what its all about...