• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who's going snow goose hunting this spring?

I am! I would guess the last 2 weeks in March for our group depending on weather and how the migration is going. Destination somewhere in Sd. I have been doing it for countless yrs and I still get extremely excited when it gets close!

I prefer to hunt around the Redfield Tulare area but will go where ever the best concentrations are. I have personally hunted to the S the Desmet,Lake Preston,Lake Thompson areas. To the North the Aberdeen,Sand lake,Huron Britton areas. One yr we hunted the Faulkton area and really put the smack on the birds hit some nice foggy days!

a group of 4 or 5 of us are going to try and make it out there for a 3-day hunt

I've never exprienced it but a couple buddies did last year and said they'll never miss it again.

Hoping to make it out there before the 24th when I'll be in Cancun for 8 days. I know, rough life \:\)

You know I'm going! cool.gif

In the past we've gotten excited, chased the smart adults birds and this year we are hanging back and chasing the dumb juvies that tag behind the adults up to a few weeks later. Don't assume all the birds migrate in one large mass north... whistle.gif Those adult flocks that start the migration are HARD to hunt!

Through experience we've found the longer wait results in better weather and those juvie birds easier to decoy/kill.

Good luck!

I will be out there this year... Im probably going to head south this weekend to do some scouting/pass shooting if the oppurtunity presents itself. I dont plan on trying to lay a stock on them as it just educates the birds. My decoys should be coming next week! I plan on following them into ND and hunting as many weekends as they will allow. I cant wait.