• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring Open water Reports

Thought i might get this started up :). So it's looking like everyone needs to store the short rods and traps and augers...... and everyone needs to dust off the long rods, clean out the boat, recharge the batteries, replace the plugs, ect... ect...

April 1st is just around the corner..... and that ever So good spring perch bite!!

That's right boy's this lousy ice season is finally and thankfully heading towards the end and most can't wait... Great topic Jimmy! Can't wait to get the new Avid and Pfleuger out there and working. Springs coming fast boys...

as much as I like the warm weather better than winter, I'm not that experienced fishing open water, so I get frustrated. Got an old boat as a gift, going to try to get it fixed up. Got a great no rock canoe though! With gas prices poss. going to $4, I may just bank fish for the most part, that and canoe with paddles and the e-motor. Can't catch a break. Retired with all the time in a man needs...sure wish I had a brother, or at least an ol' man who fished! lol

I say we got 2 weeks + left on the ice and they can be the best as we all know. Ice conditions were horrible last year and guys were still on C towards april! Its been a weird year but cant complain, we were on the ice dec 10th which is early. Ice got iffy in spots but still stayed on it. Caught a ton of fish and made some new friends...

Timmy - Did you buy a "president" to go on that new long rod? I was checking out those U.S. Reels and they are ugly but the concept should work. Might give you 15 more ft off the "preachers box"...

Got my slip contract from Marion Manor. I'll be sending that out as soon as the tax money gets here. I'm also going to work on the guy's there to see if I can sneak the barge in a little early this year. Once the snow's gone I'll have her at the house and ready to go. Saturday mornings are for fishing! Let me know if you have the time and want to go. I usually go alone or with my daughter.

You got it Chef! It'll be nice to have some company out there! I'm dying to get out after the spring perch and crappy. Maybe a get together could be arranged?

Chef, I'm lookin' for a guide on the skan this early spring, may be some good perch-in' waters early on??

And the Big "O" perch, I can't wait!!!

I got the go fast boat!! we may not catch much, but we'll get there in a hurry!! just ask timmy! \:\)

f_Boatm_24f460c.jpg

I think it does 15 to 20, maybe

My boat is always ready and for cleaning it whistle.gif I still have dried up minnows and all of the STINK that was on it from last year :D.All I need is my anchor rope I think its still in Timmy's Van.May be this year I will be able to put some fish in the boat whistle.gifwhistle.gif.They can run but they can't hide I don't know what species I will target first confused.gifgrin.gif.

With all the rain and wind and more rain we got down here the 3 inches of ice I had is as gone as my ex-wife! I finally got safe ice again and WHAM....gone. I think I'll get my little boat out and after I get a small hole fixed I am going to camp out on my lake and abuse some panfish. I cannot believe ICEFISHING is over for me.

Okay enough crying over spilled milk so to say so......The boat batteries are charged, all my rods are organized (well 15-20 are ready to go) and the tackle bags are staged in a corner awaiting reorganization. Only thing I need to do is re-spool the reels with fresh line and presto......suicide prevention is complete.

I really hope the fuel prices quit rising as today in these parts diesel fuel is $3.979 per gallon. Looks like I'll have to move up north in Y'alls neck of the woods! The 3 hour drive is going to bankrupt me.

Tight Lines all,

Steve

Steve whats going on Bro I think we might have a few more weekends to fish up here and the the long rods come out.I talked to my buddy today about that campgrounds its Millers and thats all I could come up with I am trying to get a # for you and not having very good luck sorry about the wait.

Todd,

Thanks for looking into it for us. Hopefully it will all pan out as I'm hoping to be able to spent a bunch of time up there this spring and summer, Cindy is itching to put a beating on the fish also.

Things here are a zoo!! Next week I have the biggest inspection that a Marine Aviation unit can have and most of the programs I inherited are not up to par so to say I'm a bit busy is a understatement. Also not to mention is I retire in 26 days so trying to get all that stuff done is a hassle also. I'll give you a call in the next day or so to touch base with you.

Take care,

Steve

Hey Marine . . .good luck on the upcoming retirement! UCI or ORI coming up? We bombed up here twice because of poor prep and not using the experience they had. Some Colonels think they can do the John Wayne thing even though they don't have the drawl . . . Hope you have good leadership down there.

Nice Sparkly Boat there Jimmy \:o

I am down for some Perching on Skinny in a few weeks. This is the third year in a row with no holes drilled in deep water there. That is the equation for some SUMO PERCH. I will keep an eye on the conditions there. Todd will have to get his boat out there the same day and a couple of us will have a slaughter!

Mr. Chef - sounds like you need to get a hobby or two and quit causing problems on the net, lol whistle.gif I couldnt believe that stuff last night. Tank had your back, he had a nice big post written but it wouldnt go through..

Remembe that dude at work I told you about that I would have fired on the spot? We'll he got the axe/walked out last night. He came in flying and 45 min into his shift he hadn't done a thing yet and someone called him out on it, so he walked...

Was up late last night painting jigs and watching the Food Network. They were doing a special on burgers. Theres in a place in NYC that sells 20oz Kobe Burgers for 41$ a pop. It looked worthwile though. Some neat info on kobe beef also...

Timmy...thanks for the heads up on the Croix Sale. I got 2 at that price grin.gif

DC...I never usually start something on the Net...but, when someone blasts Tank for giving a conditions report that was legitimate...well, I just couldn't help myself. I went back and deleted my posts and apologized to the other members in there for me being childish. Oh well...that site is FAR from what it used to be 5 years ago.

I much rather keep things low key over here with my real fishing family!!!

Iceman, thanks for the tip!!

Todd, I think with some creative rigging I could come up with something. I'm hoping that I'll be able to leave the Lund up that way for the summer and use the Skeeter around here. That is if I don't get it sold. Hate to get rid of it but do I really need both?

Hey steve Nice Skeeter, you were gonna send me the info on that. we have a banquet coming up I can Spread the word.

That looks Just like Franky's Skeet, single console and all!! same motor and everything, how's the motor run? I know frank has had a few issues with his.