• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesota License for shantys

riverboy

Im from Michigan so please bear with me on your great Minnesota Forums. I hear you folks from Minnesota have to pay a license for you shantys. Is that for pernaments and portables? How much is it? Why do you have to pay it? How long have you had to pay it? And finally where does the money go? I understand a fishing license but a license for your shanty too? Wow!! that seems crazy!!! I hope Michigan doesnt get that idea!! We have enought taxes and fees allready!!!

Also how much for a non resident license? If we dont get ice soon Im heading over!!! Anyone want to take a Michigander fishing?

We have to license them all! Just another way to get $ into the DNR. They need it. I would like to see a cheaper license for portables though. Im from Wi. and we dont need to license any. Its real expensive for a out of state house license in Mn.

Riverboy just like one of the others said go to the MN,dnr HSOforum theywill give you all the info. If you are going to be there for 7 days it will cost you $20 plus you have to attach the sticker to your shack and have your shack lettered with 2" letters You can put your drivers license # on for your address. If you have a window in your shack make a cardboard sign with the info needed and stick it in the window. I live in IL and will be in Mn in Dec and have had to go thru this already