• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mora hand iceaugers

icecold

I asume you talking about the Mora Strikemaster. Which one the Lazer? or the regular? I have two of the Mora's a 7" regualar and a 8" lazer. Get the Lazor it is quicker and cuts with less effort. They will last a lifetime if taken care of. I think the Mora Brands are the best for hand augers out there.

I bought a Mora hand auger last year for early walk outs and it seems to work good up to about 24 in. of ice after that its a little work getting a hole punched. Good sharp blades are a must though.
I bought a blade sharpener at walfart it is easy to use and works great to tune up the edge.

------------------
Get in! Zip up! Sit down! Shut Up! FISH ON!!

I'm a poor college student and all I use is my 4" Lazer had it for four years and never changed the blades yet. I fished last year on mille lacs and would drill almost to the handle but surprisingly it wasn't too much work. I fish every weekend and have pulled some big bass and walleyes through it on accident but they fit anyways. Go lazer it is worth the extra money. I might buy a 8 inch this year for some pike and walleye fishing.

Cubbies

I bought a 7" Mora hand auger 10 years ago because it was all I could afford. I still use it on early ice and when I'm walking to my spots. It is no problem drilling through 10 inches of ice in a few seconds, and I replace the blades every other year to keep the drilling fast and easy. I swtich to the power auger when the ice gets to about a foot thick.

------------------
Love them 'Pout!