• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Installing bathroom plumbing in basement

fadal

I would like to get plumbing installed in my basement. Toilet and shower and sink. what do you think a plumber would charge for this. I just need a rough idea to see if its something do-able or not. I can install everything but the pipes? thanks

If there is no exsiting plumbing you are going to need to get a 2" vent going up (min for the toilet - the lav ,shower vents(1 1/2") can tie into it) and then it depends on how much jacking they will have to do to tie into the 3 or 4" below ground. Its slow out there for some so just get atleast a few qoutes.

Not that I've never done a side job but I would be somewhat reserved about hiring someone on the side. They probably aren't insured and if something goes wrong, which does happen, you might have a bit of trouble with your insurance company.

I agree with what Lund and Dakota say. Without looking at the job, it's tough to give a ballpark estimate much less an accurate one. Times are slow so I think you could get some shops to come out and look at it to give you estimates.

Like the guys said, theres a slough variables so without seeing it and knowing what you have to work with its impossible to give any advice.

What I can add is if your flexible on the location of this bath room it could mean saving big $$$. Good Luck!

I would say if you do get someone to do it as a side gig- get a real plumber-i know our trade isnt rocket sceince but the so called handyman is famous for flat venting,back-pitching,tieing into a 1/2" line to feed the bathroom group,using those rubber wanna-be mission couplins they sell at the box store, ect. We see it and fix it all the time so be carefull who ya get. And just so i dont offend anyone i know there are guys that can do plumbing the right way but there are alot more that say they can that have no clue. Those guys have made me some nice cash.