• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snowshoeing with the Dog

Went up to the Astrid Lake Trail near the Echo Trail last Friday and then hiked around our deer hunting area near Buhl/Chisholm on Saturday. Here are some pics.

The first pic is looking back across Astrid Lake. I just thought it was cool that there were no other tracks...animal or person...on the entire lake.

2304092195_e2529ca3be.jpg

The second pic is a mouse tunnel. I know someone will say vole, mole or some other little fury creature. When I see them during deer hunting I just call all the little buggers mice! \:D

2304873450_195ea610d5.jpg

The third and fourth pics are of our English Setter, Bentley.

2304852252_180203ee29.jpg

2304928200_58a8fe5cc0.jpg

HEY! Thanks a bunch guys! After fiddling around for awhile, I think Steve's method was the one that worked.

Bronco, I put the image tags on the front and back of your first image. Go in and copy and paste them onto your other photos and they'll all show up.

Don't know how Flickr works, but on Photobucket there are four lines of code below each photo in your gallery and you click on the last (fourth) and just copy it into your thread here and it works fine.

I use Flickr, and after I've downloaded the photo, I enlarge it to the max and then click "all sizes", because my largest size is always 700 pixels wide at the widest. Once I have my photo to that size, I right click on the image and then click "properties". In the box that comes up, highlight the address and then right click "copy". After that, all you need to do after clicking image is "paste" it after your message.

Bronco,

Sorry Bronco,

I was going to say what Dbl said but got interupted. Kids home work comes before posting on the forum or I get a scolding about the last time I restricted their use of the internet for not paying attention to me when I'm talking. Funny how Kids have a memory for that stuff grin.gifgrin.gif

Hey Bronco, go under "edit" for your post. Once there you will see the four image lines you have posted. Highlight the first one and "copy" it. You can do this with a right click on the highlighted image code.

Look at the top of the box where your post is and you will see options for bold, italic, colors, etc. The third buton from the left is the one you want to click on. This is to post an image in the post. You may get a warning box at the top of your browser about running a script. Go ahead and say yes to that and press the third icon from the left again. A new box will pop up that has "http" at the beginning of the box. Go ahead and now right click on the box again and now you can "paste". The link to your image will now be showing up in the box. Say OK and do the same thing for each of your images.

Now use the preview post button to see if they show up. If they did you followed all the steps and your images will show up in the post.

Bronco, if you use Dan's method make sure you pull the IMG tags I tacked onto the first image before you copy and paste it.

Looks like you've gotten three different tips to get around your issue, all of which will work. Good luck! grin.gifgrin.gif

X what I meant was his shots already had them so when he would try and post they were there twice so that is why I removed FMs automatic insert of HTTP: and deleted it and pasted in his links and they showed up no problem. It seems like a common problem but most will not look at whole link and realize it is there twice.

Originally Posted By: jimalm
X what I meant was his shots already had them so when he would try and post they were there twice so that is why I removed FMs automatic insert of HTTP: and deleted it and pasted in his links and they showed up no problem. It seems like a common problem but most will not look at whole link and realize it is there twice.

Gotcha. However, that has never happened in my case. Each computer system has it's own little quirks.

Here are a couple of my other favorite photos of the weekend:

This is the view from one of the campsites on Astrid Lake. 2304910146_d609aae264.jpg

This is a zoom shot of my snowshoe. Just kind of goofing around with the camera.

2304197073_dee8ee1bee.jpg

Thanks for all the help and the critiques. I'm just a "point and shoot" guy. I wouldn't know my aperture from my...well...I just wouldn't know! But I do like the woods and I have enjoyed many pictures on this forum. A lot of you are phenomenal photographers.