• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

nuggies

Nuggies are quickly becoming one of my first choices when I go to select a bait and if you like the regular nuggies try the micros they are awesome! As far as jigs go Some of my favorites are The Bobber fry and Jojos from jammin jigs both of them can purchased through the Outdoor Pro Store. I feel jigs with a shorter shank hook on them Like the ones mentioned above give the tails alot more action and can create more interest in your presentation.

I actually prefer the larger nuggies most of the winter but right now the micros have been doing better for me because of the fishes sluggishness on the lake I frequent. My fave jigs for nuggies are the optic stealth size 10 and the flutter bug size 8.

Marmooskas are great for fishing with Nuggies. They really allow you to work a good kicking motion. I also like Fatboys and Genz Worms too. Horizontal baits work well, as you get to incorporate an awesome kicking action and work that finesse tail...

Originally Posted By: mr_jman
Is there a certain color of nuggie thats been working better? I've only got the blood red color so far. I do also have Duppies and Wedgies (either of these working?)

Do you ever wonder who comes up with the names for these things?

Ya, the names get a little out there when it comes to pan fish stuff, but after being around the item you have a good feel on why they named it what they did grin.gif.

I would think the Genz Bug would be a good option for the nuggies. I have had great luck with the red glow ones this year, adding in the nuggies, would seem to be a great idea. Now I just need to find them.

I have come to like the Genz Bug more so in the late season. It's right in between a vertical and horizontal jig. I would call it a 45 deg jig. Add in the nuggies tail action and I think this would be a hot situation.

I will not give up my green glow Ratzo though cool.gif.

Good luck....

You can type in nuggies on the Google IMAGE search and the second or third picture is them! Click on it and let the site load for pictures of a whole bunch of other stuff like the Nuggies, Duppies, Wedgies, Etc.

I also really like the Genz bug, it's been a really productive jig for me. As has the Genz worms (Even caught a 22" walleye on it - tipped with a wax worm!)

I fish the nuggies and the micro nuggies all the time and best jig i have found for them is the custom jig and spin's Diamond jig, it gets it down there quick and there are planty of colors to choose from. I have evn had really good luck this winter with a white glow diamond and the glow nuddies for night time crappies, These will even outproduce minnows and other live bait.

My go to platic setup is the red glow genz bug with a glow nuggie. I down zize to the wedgies an any small horizantal jig when marking fish that are not active biters.