• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

.VOB or Video Object Files

metrojoe

My new dvd camcorder files are recorded as .vob files. I can view the videos on my computer but beyond that I can't do anything with them. I'm looking for recommendations on software that will allow me to copy, convert, and edit the .vob files. Any help would be great.

You can try saving the files to your computer, then change the .vob to .mpg This works sometimes and sometimes not.

If you are looking for a good video editing program, I highly recommend Adobe Premiere Elements. ($99) Sometimes it is bundled with Photoshop for a few more bucks. Very well worth the money if you don't have a photo editing program. Another option for photo-editing is a free program that is similar to photoshop... getpaintdotcom

Personally, for video editing... if you are serious about it and you are thinking of a new computer, you may consider buying a new IMac. They are simply incredible for video editing. You don't need to buy a thing as all needed software comes with it.

Good info namtkd1

THere is also a free site that will convert files... zamzardotcom

However, the quality may be downgraded in the process, so the AVS software may be the route to go. I use Zamzar to convert .flv files from youtube and others and quality suffers a big drop.

Originally Posted By: namtkd1
I recommend the AVS Video Converter software to convert your VOB files to MPG, AVI, MOV, etc. I have used it for the last couple months and it's absolutely easy to use.

Thanks for the info. I picked up Dazzle DVD recorder. I have a number of VHS and 8mm tapes I need to get on disk. I haven't tried it on the new DVD camcorder yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I've burned one of the 8mm tapes to DVD and the video quality was as good as the tape. I'm hoping that will be the case with the new DVD camcorder.