• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shipping Rods and Reels

Saint Paul Dan

I have been planning on buying two rod and reel combos for a while, but I don't have time to get to the store. I have been thinking about just ordering them on-line and having them sent to me. I am quite particular about...I guess everything. I'm not ordering the shimano with a computer chip or anything, but each item would atleast be worth $125. Even though these companies probably do this every day, I'm still worried about possible effects from the shipping process. Any opinions/advice about shipping rods and reels?

Dan

I've ordered rods(from BPS), and purchased a couple reels off hsolist. None of them showed any ill effects from the shipping process. As long as the shipper packages them properly you should be fine. If you're ordering from BPS or Cabelas or something the rods/reels should definitely be covered during the shipping process. You should be able to return anything that is broken or just doesn't end up being what you want.

Dan- I havn't bought a reel or rod from a store in about 6 years(about as long as I have been on the Shimano ProStaff)... In the last 6 years, I have recieved 1 rod that were broken in shipment(out of about 25). I just sent it back.. didn't cost me a penny... Reels have always been packed very well and have never had a problem.

Matter of fact I just got e-mail notice that my spring order has been shipped.. I'm pumped!

Originally Posted By: delmuts
ok DD ! fess up! what are you getting???? grin.gif

Del- a couple of the new Core baitcasters... one flipping, one non... A new stradic 1000 for dropshotting with a matching 7'2" Cumara dropshot rod... and a couple of the new 7'2" mh baitcasting Cumara rods to match up with the Core reels..

If I wasn't such a Daiwa fan, I would be extremely jealous! Heck, I still am. That is some sweet gear!

Back to the original topic. I am like Deitz in the fact that I haven't bought a rod or reel in an actual store for probably five years or so. I have only had one broken rod out of 30 or so, and FedEx took care of that no problems asked in that case. Never a worry in my mind when I order a rod to be shipped.

DD,

Please remember to take a couple deep breaths and not hyperventilate when the "motherload" arrives at your front door! Little things get you excited, something like this may put you over the edge.......be careful dude!

Chris

Originally Posted By: cjac
DD,

Please remember to take a couple deep breaths and not hyperventilate when the "motherload" arrives at your front door! Little things get you excited, something like this may put you over the edge.......be careful dude!

Chris

You hit that nail square on the head Chris.

Rods and Reels get shipped from the factory to warehouses to stores with the majority making it intact. Im sure you would be fine if you ordered. Most places you order from shouldnt have a problem getting you a new rod if something happened to yours in shipping. Just make sure you contact them immediatley, longer you wait the more suspicous it will look.