• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auger rack for Snowmobile

NotoriousBLM

Don't know if this is what you are looking for, but here goes...

I took a pair of cheap "universal" ATV gunholders and mounted them to the rear bumper. I then added a piece of flat steel sticking 12" out from one of them. The steel goes through one handle on the auger, which gets bungied onto the steep piece, and the gunholders support the "auger bit" part. I had this mounted on the front bumper last year, but I could'nt open the hood to add oil without taking the auger off, so I moved it. My auger locks in place pretty well, and I haven't lost it yet (granted, I usually don't go faster than 30 mph or so, cause I'm usually towing my shack).

Hope this helps!

IPI makes a set that you can get at Cabela's either online, catalog, or at one of the stores. I just got a set looks like they will hold an auger good and tight. They have velcro with rubber straps to hold the handles and then a big yoke for the auger to sit into with a rubber strap to hold it in. They retail for $39.99

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

The IPI system is a smart system. Simple and user friendly, I like the look of it myself.

I have also seen a RAM system from a bow mount electric motors used for ice augers, that was nifty too. RAM has something for just about anything. Like LEGO's for the sportsman Eh. wink.gif

------------------
BACKWATER GUIDING
701-281-2300
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

I have a '97 Polaris 600 XLT SKS. It is a long track model, so there is "more" rear bumper than most, but most of the space is taken up with the tunnel coming out. Quick examination of the IPI product looked to me that there wouldn't be enough room to mount their product- looked really nice though. The two viable options that I see are mounting it up front with Pharca's basic idea, or maybe trying to talk a buddy into fabricating something that would mount to the floorboards that would go back and up and the auger would sit behind the seat. Any other suggestions out there? Thanks,

NotBLM

I am not sure how they are mounted on a snowmoblie. They mount across the rack so yes perpendicular to the machine. I imagine it might get snagged but I don't know how it would get snagged anymore with this system than any other system. I am not sure how you are going to mount it to a sled. I think that you might have to get a little creative for this one. The is a product called The Auger Caddy out there it is kind of interesting but on the spendy side. You might want to check it out might work for you.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes