• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fighting Sioux Hockey

backstrap

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
Who are they playing again?..... whistle.gif

Like you were saying I hope they win out the regular season take the WCHA playoffs and go into the NCAA tourney with a long winning streak..... grin.gif

what you don't like your fish \:\(

Sorry I missed your earlier reply to this question.

Not sure where you came up with me trying to be funny in the earlier post...I was being serious! I only know 2 people that rip on another fisherman's catch...and they are both id e ots...so I guess you fit the bill! You can't come up with anything else related to the topic at hand and you grasp at anything, like a guys picture holding a fish, and comment on that? Intelligent! If that's the case put up a photo of something other than your mutt and we'll all have a fun time!!

Originally Posted By: Wapiti
Not sure where you came up with me trying to be funny in the earlier post...I was being serious! I only know 2 people that rip on another fisherman's catch...and they are both id e ots...so I guess you fit the bill! You can't come up with anything else related to the topic at hand and you grasp at anything, like a guys picture holding a fish, and comment on that? Intelligent! If that's the case put up a photo of something other than your mutt and we'll all have a fun time!!

Now you need a hug too? He commented on my PS skills so I gave him a joke picture that he can have. And I'm sure that you have never given anyone any guff over something they caught, how angelic of you. He caught a nice really nice fish and it deserves to be where he put it. And from what I can tell be his previous posts he is quite capable of defending himself.

But, since you measure a man by the size of his fish here you go.

marlin.jpg

And in case you guys aren't watching, no hand shake tonight in St.Cloud. And they are not even playing the Sioux. From what I've read on this board only the Sioux would start something after the final whistle blows. Oh well, I'm sure it won't be the last time a Gopher fan is wrong.

Thanks Yak!, now its a state record I'll have to fudge up the numbers. grin.gif

Back on topic the Sioux will not win it! grin.gif

We'll see how the Sioux do. I'm not sure who I'd like the to see in the first round in the WCHA, none of the teams at the bottom of the league will be easy to beat this year.

This is the first time in a long time you've had any sense behind your reply! By the way, anyone can catch a big fish on a chartered trip with 2+ guides...kinda like shooting a 400" elk in a 40 acre enclosure...not impressed! Also, I'm not the one who started with the "measure a man by his catch" bit either, so don't try and turn the table!

Just sitting here quietly with my new keyboard spill protection installed. Figure if I'm quiet enough, I'll hear that faint "more recent championships" cheer.

This is the first time in a long time you've had any sense behind your reply! By the way, anyone can catch a big fish on a chartered trip with 2+ guides...kinda like shooting a 400" elk in a 40 acre enclosure...not impressed! Also, I'm not the one who started with the "measure a man by his catch" bit either, so don't try and turn the table!

Actually it's graphite and we towed it out to the barrel we were fishing from. Clearly you are the expert that you claim to be. I'm surprised you're even willing to admit that it is me in the picture, you don't know what I look like. It must have been past your little brother's bed time and you were all on your own with this one.

I think you've been reading with your Gopher goggles on again. You may think you didn't start anything, but you are definitely the cheapest man in hockey. Congrats you win the third man in award. PB was handling himself just fine and you just had to go all Blake Wheeler, threw out the horse-collar and started swinging. But hey like any good Gopher would claim it was the big bad Sioux fan who started it all and he should be banned from the board, what a cheap and dirty typist I am. You Wapiti are a hero to Choker fans everywhere.

I think the Sioux should win, maybe 3-2 or 4-3. It will be interesting what kind of edge Simon can bring to the ice for the Wild. They should win, but the probably won't win it till overtime or the shootout. I say Wild 3-2 in the SO.

Originally Posted By: yakfisher
Amazing how large a 4 incher looks when you hold it up to the camera at arms length \:\)

According to you, I guess I typed this as you?? Do you have permission from your parents to be on the internet??

Carry on with the heavy petting backstrap!

Amazing how large a 4 incher looks when you hold it up to the camera at arms length \:\)

According to you, I guess I typed this as you?? Do you have permission from your parents to be on the internet??

Carry on with the heavy petting backstrap!

Wapiti. Then PB responded with this reply.

Amazing how large a 4 incher looks when you hold it up to the camera at arms length

Shade over 14" and released.....already have this guy on the wall.

17".... #3.11......and if I had your Photo editing skills Yak it would look much bigger/better...Go WILD.... grin.gif

I'm certain he didn't need any help from you for his defense.

PB dropped the gloves and swung away with a big ol' slab, and what a fine slab it was! You must not have any nice fish pictures to post. Hmmm, how are we going to measure up Wapiti? He's got nothing to show!

My parents?!? Wow, Wapiti! Once again with the original comeback, did you buy the little bro a gallon of ice cream to wake up this early and help you out or were you two watching cartoons together?

Here's a question for all. Will the Sioux have the opportunity to beat the Gophers again or will the Gophers be a no show this year in St. Paul?

Originally Posted By: doughnut03
GO MAVERICKS!! They're like the Vikings of college hockey, the Sioux may have more wins, championships, etc... but winning or losing, always faithful \:\)

That's a refreshing viewpoint.

Look Wapiti it is possible to root for a team even when they aren't battling for the conference title. It can even be done without ragging on every other team in the league.

And from what I saw of the Sioux-Mavericks series the Mavs are at least willing to try and shove the Sioux's hard hitting style of play back down the Sioux's throat and not complain about it.

I guess the Gophers prefer the more uppity whine and cheese approach. Oh well, it's just easier to get under the skin of a Choker fan that way.