• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Duluth Bowhunter Education Class

cpinkert

FYI, there is another Bowhunter Education Class scheduled for March 12, 19, and 26 at Gander Mountain in Duluth. This class wasn't listed until recently and I was the first one to sign up (they will cancel it if more people don't sign up). The next closest one to Duluth is in Carlton in April I believe.

Anyway, get the word out. If you plan on hunting in the Duluth City Hunt you need this class.

-Chris

I'm planning on being there. It seems to me I may have taken an advanced bowhunting class years ago. I don't know if that would qualify me for the Duluth city hunt or not. Here is a link to the DNR HSOforum with info on statewide bowhunter education classes. I see the 3/12 date but not the others you mentioned cpin, maybe they haven't gotten around to posting them yet.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/safety/bowhunter/index.html#

We have some people from Duluth coming to the one at Chilakoot Bowhunters on March 22. This is about a 2 hour drive from Duluth.

The post for this is just a few down from this one.

We could maybe get you all together to car pool for this one day class.

Take the Bow Ed class even if they may be an inconvience for you at the time, it'll pay off in the long run. Quite a few other states require it if you want to bow hunt them. I'm hoping Minnesota will require it in the future.

Per cpinkert 1st post, you folks that are taking the class just to get into the Duluth hunt, as an fyi, sounds like any new hunters are going to be put on a waiting list to get into the hunt. Heard the hunt is maxed out with hunters. Just relaying what I heard so, if it's true, you don't get too disappointed if you can't get in right away.