• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

X97 FOR ICE?

champion

Champion yes you can make your X97 into a ice fishing unit. I am not sure how well it would work as far as accuracy but on Lowrance lists a portable power pack for it and you can get any number of transducers for it a puck style would probably work best for the ice. You could make your own to with a carring case such as a Genz Box. You could get a new power cable for and wire it to a gel battery like used on a vexilar with transducter so there are a couple ways to go. I know in the past that people have complained about LCD screens being slow in the cold and sometimes freezing from the cold so I have no personal experience with one I have always used Vexilars and now the LX-3.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

Yep, its called The Ice Machine. It will allow you to use the X67c, which is a 256-color TFT (thin film transistor) transflective display, which is bright, even in direct sunlight. The TFT is much more cold tolerant, sharper, and faster then the conventional LCD screens currently on the market. The color screen measures 3.5 inches diagonally, has 320 vertical pixels and 240 horizontal pixels. It has several features including a split screen, full screen, flasher screen, unique fish-reveal screen, and zoom capability. 800 watts of power and operates at 200kHz.

You can also use the M68c S/Map. This is the same as the X67c, but with GPS capbility. It has a 12 channel parallel recieiver with WAAS. Built in antenna with an enhanced marine background map and 1,000 waypoint storage capability.

I've personally seen the X67c on display and it is quite interesting. I'm anxious to see how it works this winter. I'm still sticking with the LX-3 though. But the X67c and M68c are a few other options that are out there.

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle
MarCum