• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster's new elec. auger?

SCHAAKATTACK

Hey I just picked up the In-Fisherman 2004 ice fishing guide mag and was curious about this electric auger. I believe it's called the electra lazer 1200. Sounds like it has a rechargeable battery pack built in. Wondering how many holes it can cut? I realize the variables w/ ice depth and battery charge. Anyone have any ideas? or real answers? I thought it would be cool because you would'nt have to "stink things up" with gas. TIA

Too early to know anything about it Schaak, but on sort of the same subject I saw on hsolist some guy is offerring an attachment for your strikemaster auger so that you can hook it up to your cordless drill. He claims to get 20 holes out of 1 battery with 12" ice I think. I'm not calling anyone out but it seems doubtful with my 18 volt makita's history. Just some food for thought. The ice is getting started here in SD. Really early for here.

I was doing some reading on this unit, and Bruce is right on the 15 holes through 36" of ice. It also said you would get better performance from the battery if you drilled a few holes and allowed the battery to "rest" to recharge itself.